Monday 11 January 2016

New Year's resolutions during a Master's degree

Today was our first day of lectures after the winter break. It was good to be back in my normal routine.

A few of my plans for a good routine this semester/year:

  • Wake up at 6:00 am every day.
  • Meditate for 10 minutes in the morning and again right before bed
  • Print lecture slides in the veterinary library and study for an hour before lectures start.
  • Read/write/work in the veterinary library after lectures every day 
  • Take an exercise class at the gym every weekend
  • Prepare lunches and snacks the night before lectures
  • Work steadily, set small goals and allow plenty of time for work on assignments
  • Run errands on Saturdays
  • Walk up Arthur's seat regularly
  • Care for myself (go to the doctor for a check-up, get my hair cut, and do little things I tend to put off)
  • Drink lots of tea
  • Shop at Jordan Valley (amazing grocery shop that sells lots of vegan food, herbal teas, dates, and health food) 
This semester looks really good - we are getting into animal welfare applications and applying what we have learned to practical work in the real world. We will be assessing the welfare of livestock at an auction/market and I'll be doing a poster project in which I'll design an ideal enclosure for a manatee. 

If you happen to know what type of housing manatees in zoos or aquaria really want, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment